Blog for

Reading Cinema

Sunday 11 September 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

RIES OF THE PLANET OF THE APES (2011)





Director: Rupert Wyatt

Studio: 20th century Fox studios

Main cast: James Franco, Freida Pinto, John Lithgow


The narrative of this film is Linear. Voice and pov is in omniscient.

Theme for this movie is family, love, animal, science, escape, and survival.

Mise-en-scene in this film is in modern period time, with advanced science in setting. Main place of this setting is home, company lab, and forest. Costume is lab costume, casual and no-costume (apes). Mood of this movie is cold, but warm at the same time, and strange.

Special camera works and editings are cross-cutting, aerial shot, tracking shot and montage.

Digetic sound when apes, at cage, talks to each other. Usually non-digetic sound when Main ape, Ciser, is at home or and at forest.

Genre for this movie is Science fiction, Action and Drama.


My score for this movie is;


★★☆☆☆


: When I first saw the trailer of this movie,

I thought it will be fun to watch but....I am thinking that trailer of this movie is so well made

that I felt it was no need to watch whole entire movie.

Story of this movie was so predictable and not enjoyable and fun.

If I see someone who asks me is it good to watch, I will say

"Just watch the trailer. That's all"


CLIP REFERENCE
http://www.youtube.com/watchb?v=6DsaX14HuX8

No comments:

Post a Comment